Saturday, May 05, 2007

Sent For David Kahana's Birth Certificate - Again!

I know I have done this before but I'm thinking that since I now know the names of my Great-grandparents I may (hopefully) have better results. It can't hurt.

I went to the Hawaii State Department of Heath website at this address:

http://www.hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/vital-records/index.html

to find out what I needed. If you click on the linked question:

How to apply for issuance of certified copie of vital records? ...it will take you to another page. At the bottom of the page are links for pdf files. Just click on the link for the type of record you want and print it out.
You have to send in a copy of your drivers license or other type of identification, as well as, a fee of $10 - I sent in $15 for a certified copy of his birth certificate and letter of verification. You don't need both but with the luck I have been having tracing Grandpop Dave, I figured Why not?
You send the order form and check to:

State Department of Health
Office of Health Status Monitoring
Issuance/Vital Statistics Section
P.O. Box 3378
Honolulu, HI 96801

No comments: