Saturday, October 14, 2006

Talking to My Cousin & Uncle

I have been in contact with my cousin Michael Kahana. We have been emailing each other for a few weeks now. He doesn't know any more than I do about my family, but it is really nice talking to family members. For whatever reason this side of my family has been estranged for so long and we hold "Cousin Parties" every few years so that we can all get to know each other. I think we are due for one soon.
I have also been in contact with my Uncle Robert. We had a very nice conversation a few weeks ago. He did know a little more about the family than either I or Michael - one of his sons. He had told me that the picture I have posted on this blog of my Mom with another woman is my Aunt Gloria. He also told me that Danny Kalai has been to Hawai'i several times, had lived there for three years and that he may be able to help us out.
Uncle Robert also said that Grandpop Dave had 3 sisters. I need to find out their names. Chances are that they are already deceased, but it may be a way to located family in Hawaii.
Uncle Robert told me that Grandpop Dave was a stow-away on a ship when he was about 10 years old. When he was found they put him to work.

No comments: