Saturday, October 01, 2005

A Short Hold on Research

I have not done any research for a few weeks, and it will be a few more weeks, maybe about a month, until I can get back to it. However, I do have a game plan.

I intend to go downtown to do some research. I want to go to the National Archives and check the passenger lists for 23 August 1910. I still think this is the key to why I cannot find Grandpop Dave in Hawai`i. I think this is where I will find the name change.

I also want to check the census from 1910 to 1930, for both Kahana and Anuszkiewicz-Uncort. I am hoping to find the names and birth dates of his two other wives and their children, as well as the birth dates for Grandmom Helen's family.

I was told that Grandpop Dave had lived in Riverside New Jersey after he moved here, but so far I have not been able to confirm or deny that. If I do not find him in the census (I have previously found him in the Philadelphia City Directories during the 1930s), I will obviously check New Jersey.

No comments: